One of my intentions each day is to feel awesome! I have been on a wonderful journey discovering ways to cultivate happiness in my day. This is my daily practice. Looking for happiness and being happy has amazing benefits to the health of your mind, body, and spirit.
Here are 10 ways to “Feel Good” now…
- Make your own Positive Mantra. Start your day off with a positive, happy, joy-filled statement. The law of attraction states when you think a thought like thoughts, or similar thoughts follow. Try ” I love my life!”, or “I am a positive person. I look for the good in my day.”
- Express Gratitude. Your brain releases serotonin and dopamine when you are thinking of things you are grateful for. Start a gratitude journal or get together with loved ones and share what you are grateful for.
- Be of service. A simple act of kindness towards another person is a gift for both the giver and the receiver. Try a simple complement, or smiling at a stranger.
- Feed your body nourishing healthy foods. Create a healthy food habit like, adding a green smoothie a day, or drinking more water. ( I will be teaching a green smoothie workshop Oct. 17th.)
- Meditate. Find a practice where you concentrate your focus on something, like a mantra, or breath, in order to increase the awareness of your present moment.
- Move your body! Find an activity that brings you joy and makes you excited to move.
- Practice being kind instead of being right. There is so much peace and happiness in this practice. Watch yourself soften when you choose to be kind. Being right leaves missed opportunities to practice an open mind.
- Breathe. Stop and take 5-10 deep soothing breathes if your feeling overwhelmed or stressed.
- Lose the Judgment. Know that if your judging someone else your are not defining them, you are defining yourself.
- Get a good nights sleep. Research shows that you are less sensitive to negative emotions when you sleep well.